How the Program Works:
1. How does the timing of the program work?
Once you register for your course, you will receive an email confirming your registration. Within 3 business days, you will receive a “Welcome” email from FOCUS explaining what the process will be for the course. The course materials will also be mailed to you within 3 business days within receipt of payment. Once the CRNA completes the course, they will return the necessary materials in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to FOCUS. Once FOCUS corrects and grades the quizzes, Class A credits will be reported to the AANA and a certificate of completion will be emailed within 10 business days.
2. If I have questions during my independent study program, who should I contact?
With any questions, please contact FOCUS at firstname.lastname@example.org and a staff member will respond to your question.
3. I don’t need 25 Class A Credits. If I only want to do 5-10 Class A Credits, how do I register?
The entire course is 25 Class A Credits but you could also opt to do 5, 10, 15 or 20 Class A Credits. You can register for this by choosing to add an individual day to your cart. If you want 10 credits, add 2 days, 15 credits add 3 days, etc. During the registration process, you will be asked specifically which day (day one, day two, etc).
4. What materials will I get when I register?
Once you register, FOCUS will be mailing materials to you within 3 business days. When the materials reach you, you will find the following items:
- A newsletter to explain the course, including a suggested itinerary for study
- A flash drive containing the objectives and study materials
- Evaluation Tool
- Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope
5. Can I take the course anytime I want?
Yes! Please return your post-tests and evaluations back to FOCUS within 30 days of your expected course start date you chose when you registered.
6. Can I take the course from any location?
Yes! Wifi is not needed to take the course. The materials are all accessible from the flash drive that will be sent to you.
7. How do I get proof of course completion?
When FOCUS receives your materials, we will correct your post-tests and review your evaluation. You must have an 80% score on each test to pass. Class A credits will be reported by FOCUS to the AANA within 10 business days of receiving your materials. We also will email you a copy of your Completion Certificate and correct answers for any questions that you missed on the exam within 10 business days.
8. Please consult your personal accountant for questions or concerns regarding tax deductions.
1. How do my credits get reported to the AANA?
FOCUS will report your credits to the AANA within 10 business days of receipt of your post-tests and evaluation. You will receive credit for all tests that you received a score of 80% or greater on.
2. Do I get Class A credits for doing this program?
Yes, this course is pre-approved for 25 Class A Credits.
3. I need Class B credits. Is it possible to get Class B credits for this program?
Your excess Class A Credits can be converted to Class B credits. Please see the NBCRNA website for more information. http://www.nbcrna.com/CPC-Recert/Pages/CPC_Program_FAQs.aspx
1. Why do I have to take a quiz?
The AANA requires Provider Directed Independent Study courses to have a 10 question quiz for each 1 Class A credit.
2. What if I don’t pass the quiz?
You must have >80% passing score on each exam to receive Class A credit for the course. If you are using the materials, there should be no reason not to pass the quizzes. We will send the correct answers for any questions you got wrong. The AANA does not allow us to retake the exam. Please contact us for the option to retake the entire course.
3. Is the quiz difficult?
No, the quiz is not difficult and is intended to promote retention of the material vs simply circling correct answers on a quiz. All answers were addressed in the learning materials.
4. How long should I study before taking the quiz?
By following the recommended study itinerary, we have allotted a reasonable amount of time for each session. Each 1 Class A Credit=1 hour time.
1. What is your cancellation policy?
We offer a full cancellation up until the point that your materials are mailed. Once your materials are mailed, there are no refunds and no cancellations.
1. I enjoy writing CE material. Can I collaborate with FOCUS?
Yes, please contact us here to tell us more about yourself!